West End Baptist Church Rock Hill, SC Posted: February 07, 2024
Job Title: Lead Pastor
Location: Rock Hill, South Carolina
About Us: West End Baptist Church is a Biblically rooted Baptist congregation located in the heart of the Carolinas. Committed to spreading the word of Christ, we are a community that values worship, fellowship, and service. We are seeking a dynamic servant leader to join us as our long term Lead Pastor, guiding our congregation in spiritual growth and community outreach. The man called for our church is a student and teacher of God's word and Biblical truth even when it is not easy or culturally accepted. WEBC confirms the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000.
1. Spiritual Leadership: Provide visionary leadership that aligns with the church's mission & values*. Deliver inspiring and Biblically truthful sermons to nurture the spiritual growth of the congregation. Foster a culture of evangelism, prayer, discipleship, and worship within the community.
2. Pastoral Care: Offer compassionate pastoral care to individuals and families in times of joy, sorrow, and crisis. Intentional about developing and maintaining strong relationships with all church members through regular visitations, counseling, and support. Work with our Deacons to develop and maintain strong relationships. A humble leader who relates well with others. Diligent in prayer, sensitive to input from leaders and congregation- deliberate and thoughtful regarding change in the church.
3. Church Administration: A good communicator (written and spoken) Technologically proficient Collaborate with advisory groups, church staff, and leadership to oversee the day-to-day operations of the church. Provide guidance in the planning and execution of church programs, events, and activities but works with Deacons and church leadership to make decisions. Uses church budget as a tool to help make fiscally sound decisions.
4. Community Engagement: Actively engage with the local community to understand its needs and develop outreach programs. Important to actively engage the young adults and young families in our community. Wants to help WEBC in serving the community through volunteer initiatives and partnerships.
5. Teaching and Education: Meets qualifications of teacher/elder: 1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4 Oversee and contribute to educational programs, including Bible studies, sunday school, and discipleship classes. Equip and empower leaders within the church for effective ministry. A leader who models and equips others to teach, evangelize and disciple.
Qualifications*: Spiritually mature and ordained by a church body with a strong commitment to the Baptist faith and tradition. Has demonstrated experience in pastoral ministry, including preaching, counseling, and leadership. Demonstrates ability to foster church growth. Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities. *According to West End Baptist Church Bylaws
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume, a cover letter, and a statement of faith to firstname.lastname@example.org by [March 31, 2024]. Please include "Lead Pastor Application" in the subject line. Application Deadline: [March 31, 2024)
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."