Christ Independent Methodist Church Palatka, FL Posted: December 05, 2023
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 150-200
Position Status: Part-Time, perfect for the remote worker!
The Youth Pastor/Director is primarily responsible for shepherding students grades 6-12. He is also to help graduates from the youth ministry continue to connect in discipleship and ministry as they leave student ministry and go into adulthood, college, career, etc.. This ministry should provide a comprehensive discipleship program of education and activities in an atmosphere of spiritual growth, with a strategy that falls in line with the mission, vision, and strategy of the church in congruence with the Senior Pastor.
PERSONAL MINISTRY FOCUS: To set an example of what a mature follower of Christ looks like, have a thriving and growing personal walk with the Lord, and strives to serve and lead by example. Must be committed to a relational style of ministry that promotes the love of Christ through dynamic relationships between youth, parents, volunteers, church members and the community.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counsel with the church staff in developing a discipleship strategy, which includes recruiting, training and empowering adult volunteers, programming, conducting, and evaluating the ministry.
- Plan and lead weekly discipleship meetings of Sunday School and Wednesday Night Youth that are contextually appropriate and age-specific. This includes choosing of curriculum, teaching, finding teachers, evaluating the students needs/responses, follow-up, etc.
- Plan, oversee and conduct at least one youth activity/month, outside of weekly operations.
- Oversee all programs, trips, ministries, internal communications and volunteers within the youth ministry.
- Formulate an annual budget for youth ministry and maintain a constant grasp on the financial situation of budget line items, practicing good financial stewardship and integrity.
- Plan and fundraise for summer camps, Disciple Now, retreats, short-term mission trips, and conferences.
- Adhere to the church's Policy and Procedure Manual and Church Discipline (By-laws).
- Stay informed of new materials, procedures and methods in regards to curriculum and structure.
- Personally witness to students and involve students and youth leaders in the practice of sharing the Gospel.
- When able, participate in community-wide church activities
- Provide community-wide youth activities to reach unsaved or unchurched students.
- Provide church-wide youth activities (i.e., fellowships, parties, retreats, trips, etc.).
- Provide youth with opportunities of service within the church.
- Responsible for publicity of youth activities through Social Media, Newsletter, fliers, mail-outs, announcements, etc.
- Provide youth with the opportunity to participate in a summer camp experience.
- Be visible on appropriate school campuses and at student's activities.
- Be involved in the total church program. Attending Sunday morning worship services, special church-wide services, events, staff meetings, retreats, etc.
- Be involved in counseling during worship services and during the week, hospital visitation, and outreach as needed.
- Be actively part of the community, building relationships with those who are far from Christ with the purpose of sharing the gospel with them.
- Be a regular and consistent attender, giver, and member of Christ Independent MC.
- Participate in seminars and other continuing education opportunities for personal growth and new ministry ideas.
- All responsibilities are under the supervision of, and coordinated with, the Senior Pastor.
- Preach on occasion (Not required, but encouraged).
- Assist the Senior Pastor in areas of pastoral ministries as requested.
- Submit to the leadership of the Senior Pastor in matters of performance of duties, attendance, and expectations.
- Annual evaluations will be performed by the Senior Pastor.
- Prepare and submit annual Youth budget proposals to the Board of Stewards each year.
- Conflicts within ministerial areas of responsibilities are to be handled in an edifying manner, calling on the Senior Pastor for assistance, if necessary.
- Be committed to maintaining a scheduled family time, including weekly protected time and annual vacation periods (as indicated in Policy Handbook). He should recognize the need for personal free time, and continually show the importance of family by practically focusing on his family's welfare to ensure that they are cared for spiritually, emotionally, and physically. This should be lived out by modeling a life prioritized by being a Christian first, husband second, father third, and minister to our church fourth (see 1 Timothy 3:4-5).
- Perform pastoral ministries (crisis visitation, funerals and weddings) as needed.
- Lead in worship services upon Senior Pastor's request.
- Supervise committees as designated by Senior Pastor.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."