Salem Baptist Church Jersey City, NJ Posted: September 20, 2023
We are seeking to hire a full-time pastor that will serve alongside the elders and deacon board. The pastor shall be responsible for preaching, teaching, overseeing evangelistic efforts and provide leadership to equip and encourage the congregation for continued service in the Lord.
- Preach and teach the Word of God faithfully, communicating it to the congregation in love.
- Work with the leadership of the church to provide spiritual oversight of the church's ministry
- Work with the leadership of the church to plan and organize evangelistic events
- Work with the church leadership to prayerfully grow and develop strategic goals to
support the mission and vision of the church
- Responsible for the administration of the ordinances of the church, which include
baptism & communion
- Shepherd the body with love and care, seeking their spiritual flourishment
- Oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation as necessary. This includes
hospital visitation, nursing home visits, counseling, weddings and funerals.
- Work with the church leadership to equip the congregation to carry out their
respective functions in the body.
- Responsible for conducting up 4 weekly services as determined by the leadership of
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."