La Jolla Christian Fellowship la jolla, CA Posted: September 12, 2023
The Executive Assistant is responsible for the administrative and other support of the Minister of Operations and, by extension, the Lead Pastor. The primary function of E.A. will be performing administrative support including: data management, reports, and communications with various staff and ministry leaders on behalf of the Minister of Operations. Additional responsibilities will include event planning and coordination, project management as assigned, event bookings, calls and emails on behalf of the Minister of Operations, and occasionally making arrangement for meals at meetings or events. This role will also be working with other LJCF staff to support the needs of the various, seasonal projects and events.
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Minister of Operations at LJCF. He/she will support the Executive Leadership Team which includes: the Lead Pastor, Minister of Operations, and the church board. The Minister of Operations will assign, approve, and manage the projects given to the Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant should know the heart, vision, goals of the LJCF executive team. The successful candidate will have the fortitude and wisdom to take the vision of a project as assigned and marshal the needed resources and/or plan to execute on that vision. The right candidate must be able to anticipate, challenge, collaborate, and draw out the needed information from the staff they work with. Always keeping the LJCF vision at the forefront, he/she must look at every problem or opportunity though the lens of that vision. Conflict resolution must be healthy, and the ability to communicate needs, problems, aspirations, and ideas are among the highest value to the Minister of Operations. A calling to our church and the discipline for daily prayer, listening to sermons, and being otherwise spiritually fed is paramount for healthy ministry here.
TACTICAL MINISTRY RESPONSBILITIES
* Create, manage, and maintain a variety of communication forms (including email, calls, texts, social media, and voicemail) to assigned ministries and volunteer groups.
* Coordinate with the Minister of Operations, Facilities Manager, and other ministry leaders on maintaining the master calendars, room reservations, and required resources for meetings/events (including Sunday services).
* Serve as the primary contact person for events, meetings, and other scheduled commitments for assigned ministries and volunteer groups. Obtain permits and follow up on details as needed.
* Assist with travel arrangements for the Lead Pastor and all assigned ministries.
* Maintain accurate database information and produce various required weekly/monthly/quarterly reports as needed for Executive staff.
* Create and edit documents, presentations, newsletters, and other written materials as needed.
* Perform research and project management for a variety of strategic projects as assigned.
* Train and facilitate supervision of Office Angels (office volunteers).
* Cross train and offer coverage for other administrative staff, particularly the Facilities Manager, Finance Team Lead, and Minister of Operations.
* Complete the LJCF DNA Course and the WomenSkills or MenSkills Course within one year of hire.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."