The Journey Church New York, NY Posted: June 03, 2021
Pastor of Groups & Ministry The Journey Church NYC New York City, NY (Manhattan)
We're looking for an "A" player to fill the role of Pastor of Groups & Ministry at The Journey Church NYC.
The Journey is a young (18 years old), growing, contemporary, outwardly-focused church in New York City. Currently we are doing services online, but prior to COVID we had four portable locations in Manhattan.
Now is not an easy time to move to New York City, but our church has been aggressive during COVID and has seen great fruit. As a result, we are looking to expand and grow.
We are looking for an experienced, go-getter who is ready to live in NYC, work hard, grow as a pastor and leader in this important role on our staff and make a tremendous difference for Jesus Christ in one of the most important cities in the world!
Currently we have over 650 people involved in online groups and even more who attend Church Online each Sunday.
This role is ideal for someone with the gift of leadership, growing teams and communication - and wants to develop as a minister and grow with the church. This is a key position on our team. Salary is competitive and the position is available immediately.
Are you called to serve in New York City?
Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected in the church and challenging them to grow in their faith?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy Growth Group ministry that sees over 100% of our average Sunday attendance sign up for a group every semester?
Can you work with our team to increase the number of groups every semester as well as the number of leaders that serve each semester?
Do you believe that every believer has spiritual gifts that could serve the church and are you passionate about seeing people mobilized to serve the church and God's kingdom?
Can you work with our team to increase the number of people serving in ministry, improve our care/follow-up to new believers and create systems that see ever more people taking the step to be baptized and becoming members of the church?
Do you have a high view of ministry and of 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals?
Do you have interest in growing as a teacher and a communicator in both large and small settings – and being part of our teaching team and message writing process.
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Leadership, growth and innovation of The Journey's semester-based small groups ministry (goal of getting 100% of our church in groups).
Leadership, growth and innovation of our ministry and volunteer systems (goal of getting 50% of our church involved in meaningful ministry on a weekly basis).
Requires the ability to lead teams effectively and to raise up new leaders rapidly. Also, organizational and administrative skills are a must.
The ability to contribute to The Journey's teaching team and the ability to work well with staff.
Extremely hard-working and have leadership experience on a large or growing church staff.
Other characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- A Solid Calling to New York City - The ability to manage a large and growing Growth Groups system - A passion for the Bible and innovation - An ability to communicate clearly, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff) - A team player - Experience in a large/growing church - A positive attitude - A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model - A risk taker - A passion for discipleship and not letting anyone fall through the cracks - A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched - A high commitment to the local church - Comfortable in a non-charismatic worship environment - Bachelor's Degree required; MDiv or Master's Degree or greater preferred - Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why are you interested in this position?
(2) Have you read the book "Activate: An Entirely New Approach to Small Groups" by Journey Pastors Nelson Searcy and Kerrick Thomas? Do you have any familiarity with the semester-based small groups model?
(3) Why would you feel comfortable relocating to New York City?
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
Sorry – but we won't consider applications or resumes that don't follow the above directions.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."