Christ Church Otsego Otsego, MN Posted: December 01, 2020
Staff Position: Director of Worship and Media
Term of Call: Open-ended subject to Annual Review.
Hours: Part-Time to Full-Time depending on qualifications
Salary: Negotiated based on qualifications and responsibilities
Staff Support: The Director of Worship reports to and works in direct partnership with the Senior Pastor, Greg Pagh, in all worship and media functions.
The Mission of Christ Church is to reach, equip and empower people to become passionate followers of Jesus Christ who transform our world.
The Vision of Christ Church is to develop Christ-centered families built upon the truth of God's Word, leading others to Jesus, applying faith to their daily lives and transforming their spheres of influence.
Major Goal: Provide vision and strategic leadership for a dynamic, Spirit-filled Worship and Creative Arts Ministry that assists the congregation of Christ Church in fulfilling its mission and vision and growing in intimacy and maturity with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Personal/Spiritual Development: Express a strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior that is given testimony through the Worship Ministry at Christ Church and in the broader community and world.
- Nurture your own spiritual life and that of your family through regular worship, prayer, Bible study and fellowship with other believers.
- Engage in the life of Christ Church as a community of faith that can support and encourage your growth and maturity in Christ.
- Participate in and provide growth opportunities that further the understanding and application of principles of biblical worship.
Leadership Development: Train and equip leaders and participants in the various aspects of Worship Ministry, Sunday morning service teams, media and technology, seeking excellence and growth unto the glory of God.
- Develop and expand leadership and participation in every aspect of the Worship Ministry Team including vocalists, band members, youth worshipers, drama participants as well as power-point, production and sound technicians.
- Foster an atmosphere of prayer, unity and personal support with the Worship Ministry Team and congregation.
- Lead regular Worship Ministry Team rehearsals in order to build excellence, team unity and mutual support.
- Provide opportunities for skill development within every aspect of the Worship Ministry Team, utilizing special guests where appropriate.
Program Development: Provide the overall coordination and implementation of worship-related programming that supports, develops and strengthens the worship life of Christ Church.
- Provide primary leadership to the planning and implementation of Sunday worship services, working under the direction of the Senior Pastor to coordinate preaching series, themes, music selection and the various supporting worship elements.
- Expose the congregation to a variety of musical styles and ways of worshipping God both within the Christ Church Worship Team and through special guests.
- Encourage the development and involvement of the Youth Worship Team including Sunday
- Use your gifts and experience to bring creativity and excitement to the worship life of the
congregation including video, drama, testimony and other worship elements.
Outreach: Support the transformation vision of Christ Church by encouraging partnership with others to build-up the kingdom of God in the community, region, state and to the nations.
- Participate in community-wide worship opportunities, conferences and special events in
consultation with the Senior Pastor.
- Participate as led in Transform Our World, Bless Minnesota and other wider ministries that
contribute to greater unity in the body of Christ and the transformation of cities and nations in
consultation with the Senior Pastor.
Management and Administration: Manage and administer the overall Worship Ministry in a manner that contributes to accomplishing the objectives mentioned above.
- Provide supervision, guidance and support to the Worship Ministry Team leaders and participants
- Communicate the overall worship vision to the congregation.
- Communicate the worship and rehearsal schedule to the staff and Worship Ministry Team.
- Oversee budget and expenditures related to the Worship Ministry.
- Assist with promotion of worship and special events.
Supervision and Accountability: Work in a cooperative relationship with the staff and congregation to develop a strong sense of team ministry in accomplishing our Mission and Vision.
- Fulfill the Job Description within the allotted time, recognizing that there is an "ebb and flow" to
ministry related to seasons, specific goals and objectives and one's personal life.
- Attend staff meetings as determined for visioning, planning, prayer and personal support.
- Work under the leadership and supervision of the Senior
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."