Lake Shore Baptist Church Pasadena, MD Posted: September 13, 2017
Director of Music & Worship is responsible for assisting the Church in evaluating, planning, and executing a comprehensive music and worship ministry. The Director of Music & Worship shall work under the direction of, and be responsible to, the Senior Pastor.
We are a Southern Baptist church which currently holds three Sunday morning worship services. Our services styles range from Traditional to Modern. Our ideal Director of Music & Worship candidate is someone: - with an appreciation for multiple styles of music and an ability to incorporate each style appropriately in worship - who values people over performance, and leads through the formation of relationships - who is a passionate team-player ready to share ideas and interests with a growing body of believers
Basic Job Description: 1. In conjunction with Senior Pastor or other officiating pastors, plan worship services for Sunday mornings (and holidays as necessary). (currently Sunday morning, 8am, 9:30am, & 11am)
2. Lead music (or in some cases, delegate leadership) instrumentally and vocally in worship services.
3. Plan and execute rehearsals for church ensembles. (currently Worship Team Rehearsal on Thursdays @ 7:00pm)
4. Share administrative plans, announcements, budget needs, and other necessary information in a timely fashion to be communicated to the church body.
5. Participate in weekly (as needed) staff meetings (currently Tuesdays @ 4:00pm), and other quarterly/seasonal meetings of the church.
6. Recruit new members to the Worship Team, Audio-Visual Team, and other volunteer support staff.
7. Encourage the appropriate purposing of gifts within the church body as it pertains to special music, soloists, ad hoc ensembles, etc.
8. Coordinate special music programs (e.g., Easter, Christmas, Youth, Children, Students) as appropriate and with the assistance of volunteers.
9. Facilitate seasonally/thematic appropriate changes to the Worship Center, i.e. changes in décor, audio-visual images, signage, etc.
10. Actively engage as a member of the church.
11. Perform other duties as may, from time-to-time, be determined necessary and appropriate to the position of Director of Music & Worship.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."