Indian Run United Methodist Church in Dublin, Ohio is seeking to hire a full-time Youth Pastor to lead and coordinate our ministry to middle and high school youth (6th – 12th grade). Primary responsibilities include leadership of Sunday morning and Sunday evening youth activities, development of a school year-long confirmation program, coordination of mission experiences, and integration of youth into the overall ministry of the church. Specific job responsibilities will include:
1. Develop and champion a vision for Youth Ministry in alignment with the vision and mission of Indian Run
2. Create separate experiences for middle school and high school youth
3. Develop a team approach to Youth Ministry by recruiting, training, developing, and empowering volunteers (both adult and youth)
4. Coordinate all Youth Ministry activities (currently Y2Y, EDGE, ASP, 30 Hour Famine, etc)
5. Develop, coordinate, and lead a school year-long confirmation program
6. Select or develop curriculum that is consistent with United Methodist beliefs
7. Increase participation in the Youth Ministry by the children of the church as well as the community at large
8. Make connections with youth through attendance at special events in the lives of youth outside of church
9. Ensure youth are incorporated into the overall ministry of the church (worship services, fellowship events, participation in the "I'm IN" campaign, etc.)
10. Provide opportunities for youth and families to gather for mission/action involvement, learning experiences and social contact with other Christians
11. Connect youth and their families to United Methodist Church conference and/or district events, activities or other opportunities (scholarships, internships, etc.)
12. Help youth make the transition to college and support the church's ministry to college students
1. Develop and manage annual budget for Youth Ministry
2. Attend staff meetings, Church Council meetings, and other church committee meetings as needed.
3. Meet with adult and youth leaders of Youth Ministry for program development and to provide training and resources
4. Perform the annual review of the Safe Sanctuary Policy of IRUMC in conjunction with the Pastor and the Director of Children's Ministry
5. Ensure adherence to the Safe Sanctuary Policy throughout Youth Ministry, including training of volunteers as needed
6. Communicate effectively with youth, adult leadership, and the congregation
7. Manage inventory of instructional materials and supplies
At Indian Run our mission is to grow love in ourselves, our families, our community, and the world so that more people will know and follow the way of Jesus. We are a growing suburban church in central Ohio with a goal of reaching out to the large population of young families within a three-mile radius of the church. We'd love for you to be a part of what God is doing through the ministries of our church!
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."