Shiloh Family Church of Flower Mound Texas
Is seeking an Associate Pastor that will eventually (2-4 years) take over as Senior Pastor of the church.
The perfect candidate will have education that is_noemailmensurate with the size and style of Shiloh Church. The candidate will be married, in the 30s or 40s and will be a Charismatic Christian. This person will share general pastoral duties, preach on occasion and be_noemailmitted to being part of a terrific staff team. We would like you to have 3+ years on staff and in leadership at a church with responsibilities overseeing various groups, have excellent preaching gifts, and be able to reach young adults.
The candidates will be asked a series of 4 sets of questions (via email) by the pastor, and after passing these 4 stages will likely have a phone interview with the Senior Pastor. Finalists will be invited to the church to meet with the selection_noemailmittee where the final decisions will be made.
We are taking this process seriously as we know that it will bring us our future Sr.Pastor, so please be patient with us as we work through the steps. The above criteria is a guideline and is not necessarily requirements, but is what we are currently looking for.
Shiloh Church is a small family church that is run in a nondenominational fashion. Shiloh Church is Elder led with Deacons and Department Heads over lots of crucial areas of the ministry. Our church is very laid back, casual, and fairly contemporary. At Shiloh we don't pass the plate, we don't get dressed up and we prize family and peace over most things. We follow the word of God and purpose to not add a single word to it or create doctrines of men.
Please visit our website at shilohfamilychurch_noemail to see if you feel you are a fit with us. Please thoroughly go through all the pages so that you will be ready with and for any questions or_noemailments later in the process.
This Job is cross posted on multiple sites ..... Reply to ..... chuckhphone@yahoo_noemail
The Associate Pastor is the primary support for the Senior Pastor in all areas.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Support the Senior Pastor in the overall leadership of the church's ministries including preaching, teaching, service planning and management of staff, employees, and volunteers.
2) Do the announcements, offering and greeting in Sunday A.M. services making a smooth transition from worship to the sermon.
3) Be the back-up speaker for the pastor with an "Emergency Sermon" ready at all times. Fill in for pastor when on vacation and preach multiple times per year.
4) Assist department leaders and staff with volunteer recruitment, training and retention.
5) Attend and contribute at all staff meetings, planning sessions and gatherings.
6) Develop and lead outreach ministries to take the church into the_noemailmunity.
7) Possess the ability to recruit, coordinate and encourage volunteers to use their spiritual gifts in various ministry areas.
8) Provide the leadership and coordination of some of our adult ministries, with the goal of building disciples.
9) Possess effective_noemailmunication skills, including large group, small group, written, and social media.
The associate pastor, under the direction of the senior pastor will provide additional assistance in the following areas: Pastoral care to the congregation, including personal counseling and broader areas such as baptisms, funerals, etc.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."