Christ Lutheran Church WATERFORD, MI Posted: May 24, 2023
Part Time Minister of Music Job Description-Christ Lutheran Church Waterford, MI
The Minister of Music shall be responsible for the music program as it relates to the worship life of the congregation, including instrumental and vocal music. *This job can be split into two positions. See our website for details. www.christwaterford.org
Lead | Direct | Develop | Welcome | Instrumental | Chancel Choir | Bell Choir | Prioritization | Initiate | Communicate | Budget | Planning | Network | Modernize | Collaborate | Goal Setting
Skills and Qualifications
1. Bachelor's or equivalent skill in music or a close field, or currently enrolled in a music degree program preferred. Experience in worship playing and choral accompaniment are acceptable.
2. Competent keyboard proficiency in both organ and piano to support congregational singing, choral accompaniment, and all other aspects of service playing.
3. Understanding and experience with Christian worship (previous experience in Lutheran liturgy and worship preferred).
4. Ability to communicate clearly, foster a standard of musical excellence, love, and mutual respect.
5. Ability and experience in rehearsing and directing adult and bell choirs.
Specific Areas of Responsibility: The Minister of Music shall know or plan to master:
1. Provide music at Sunday services as well as: Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, Mid-Week Lenten Services, Holy Week Services, and other special services agreed to by Worship and Music Ministry.
2. Weekly rehearse chancel and bell choir from September through mid-June
3. Actively welcome and encourage participation of congregational and non-congregational members in the choirs and musical opportunities of the congregation.
4. Attend the meetings of Worship and Ministry and work cooperatively in the planning and leadership of the music program of the congregation.
5. Be responsible for the purchase of all music and supplies and turning in receipts to treasurer monthly in line with the yearly music budget.
6. Maintain the music library in an orderly fashion.
7. Report music usage as required by the licensing agencies.
8. Hire special musicians as needed within the music budget.
9. Other duties as needed.
If you have any questions, contact Kerri Kinneberg at 248-673-7331.
To apply, please send your resume and a video/recording of your piano/organ skills
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."