CCCHURCH is excited to seek an energetic, creative, and organized follower of Jesus to lead our children's ministry. We are a thriving multi-generational church in the heart of Columbus, OH with a vision for the flourishing of our church, community, and world. Might God be calling you to join us? Do you love working with children and developing volunteers? Are you passionate about helping children and families grow closer to God and to one another? Would others describe you as one who finds the potential in every child you meet? If so, we'd love to explore this opportunity with you!
Our ideal Children's Ministry Director is:
- Committed, rooted and growing in a life-giving relationship with Jesus
- Honest, trustworthy, and humbly confident
- Kind, responsive, faithful and consistent
- Motivational, fun, and fully engaged
- A caring mentor for children, families and volunteers
- A good listener and communicator
Our heart's desire is to help children and families build connections with Jesus and each other. We strive to create an environment where authentic and lasting relationships are formed and nurtured. Our ideal Children's Ministry Director leads by example with a joyful spirit, a sense of humor, and a passion to see children love Jesus. If you are efficient and resourceful with the ability to prioritize, manage, and execute multiple projects, please apply now and join our amazing team at CCCHURCH!
Our mission is to befriend people with the love of God and walk with them in the way of Jesus so that all of Columbus can flourish. Each responsibility below contributes, in one way or another, to our mission at CCCHURCH. The job responsibilities of the Children's Ministry Director include, but are not limited to:
Vision and Leadership to Children and Families:
- Lead our Sunday morning children's ministry program, JOYland, each week (infants through 6th grade and their families)
- Communicate regularly with parents and families via email, phone and social media
- Commit to develop intentional relationships within the church with children, families and volunteers
- Connect families in need of pastoral care with our Pastoral Care Ministry Director
- Plan and organize 3 – 4 discipleship experiences for the children outside of Sunday morning gatherings (which may include a VBS style event in the summer)
- Leadership, Development, and Accountability of Volunteers:
- Identify, recruit, delegate, and develop leaders and other volunteers in children's ministry
- Volunteer training, including spiritual formation, team building, and classroom management
Collaboration and Implementation:
- Develop and implement innovative strategies for organized events with staff and key leaders
- Collaborate with the Youth Pastor and Care Pastor to develop a discipleship plan from infancy to graduation (including curriculum development and teaching for young children and students)
- Collaborate with the Outreach Pastor for our yearly summer Family Fun Day
- Work with the Care Pastor to provide parent-equipping resources, classes, and events for families
- Collaborate with our Worship Pastor to provide a meaningful Family Service every 5th Sunday and on Christmas Eve
Curriculum Development and Children's Ministry Area:
- Responsible for the selection, oversight, care, and distribution of curriculum for each age group
- Maintain organized and clean classroom spaces in our children's ministry wing
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."