New Life Church Grafton, WI Posted: August 03, 2022
Worship & Youth Pastor Job Description
Job Position Summary
We are looking for a Christ-follower who will spend ~50% of their time making disciples through responsibilities relating to worship and the other ~50% striving to make disciples through Youth Ministry we are a growing congregation with lots of opportunity.
Responsibilities Pertaining to Worship
- To lead the congregation in worship regularly through music, song, prayer, and scripture reading on Sunday mornings and special events when appropriate (funerals, occasional evening services, etc)
- To develop individuals in our congregation in a biblical theology of worship and in musical skills through weekly rehearsals
- To develop teams by recruiting, training, and empowering volunteers to lead in worship
- To use our building and resources to design an appropriate and beautiful setting for weekly worship
- To lead, instruct, train and develop the Tech Team
- To oversee the production of Sunday mornings for live-streaming and recording
Responsibilities Pertaining to Youth Pastor
Scope: Add vision, leadership, and authentic relationships into a ministry of students and volunteers. Serve as the pastor/teacher for both MS and HS students.
Teach the Word.
Awaken the youth to the presence of God in the world
Set the vision and plans on how to reach the next generation for Christ.
Steward resources well.
Understand budgets and work within the prescribed budget
Recruit, train, and develop others to serve in their 'sweet spot.' Raise the level of expectation regarding what God can do in and through followers of Christ
1. Check out our church and beliefs at newlifegrafton.church to get an idea if you are a good fit.
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org introducing yourself. Please include:
a. A cover letter
b. A resume (including references)
c. 1 or more video recordings of you actively leading worship for a group of people.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."