First United Methodist Church of Phoenix Phoenix, AZ Posted: July 20, 2022
Next Generation Ministry Director
First United Methodist Church of Phoenix
5510 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012
First United Methodist Church of Phoenix is looking for a Next Generation Ministry Director who will be responsible for helping children, junior high, and senior high students grow in their Christian faith, equipping and supporting parents to lead well in the home, and programming ministry that attracts new families in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee and implement all programming (birth – 12th grade), including choosing and implementing a sound and culturally relevant curriculum in the Christian tradition.
2. Coordinate, create, and publicize special events for children and families (Summer Arts Camp, VBS, after-school programs, family outings, etc.).
3. Plan and coordinate student ministry mission trips, camps, and retreats.
4. Recruit, manage, and provide training for all staff and volunteers in children and youth ministry.
5. Plan and implement outreach events for families and youth throughout the year with the goal to bring in new people from the surrounding community.
6. Work with our Weekday School leadership to integrate families into the church's family programming.
7. Manage inventory of supplies and curriculum related to Next Generation Ministries.
8. Ensure that First Church safe-sanctuary policies are followed and enforced, including appropriate training and documentation.
9. Attend the Church Council meetings and any other relevant committee or group with responsibilities in organizing our Next Generation Ministries.
10. Provide input and management of a yearly budget for Next Generation Ministries.
11. Participate in all staff meetings and be a partner in church projects as needed.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Able to follow direction/supervision
Adaptable and flexible
Able to recruit and retain volunteers
Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills
Dependable, punctual, and trustworthy
Able to maintain confidentiality
Capable of working independently without direct supervision, but within a team environment
Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Education and Experience Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in education, theology, ministry, or a related field
Equivalent experience in the field of education or children's ministries may substitute
Three years of experience in a leadership role in children's, youth, and family ministries
About First Church
First Church is in the highly desirable north central area of Phoenix, one of the fastest growing cities in the country. Phoenix is comprised of a diverse population ranging from young professionals to active retirees.
With a heart for social justice and progressive expressions of faith, First Church is an inclusive congregation embracing its foundation in the Wesleyan tradition. This empowers and encourages a welcoming experience to all people in all seasons of life.
What's Unique About This Opportunity
With a commitment to nurturing individuals in all life stages, First Church provides opportunities for faith and human development through our Weekday School and active on-campus programs for children, youth, and adults. We gather on Sunday mornings to engage in vibrant forms of worship that have emerged from a strong heritage in the community, to be a place of reconciliation and transformation.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."