Covenant Baptist Church Gastonia, NC Posted: April 29, 2022
General Responsibilities: The Senior Pastor shall serve as the chief Under Shepherd and overseer of Covenant Baptist Church by feeding, leading, and nurturing the members. The Senior Pastor's main responsibilities will be to communicate God's Word, minister to spiritual needs, and provide biblical leadership for the church.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead Sunday morning worship services, and any other special worship services.
- Plan and lead Bible study and Pray Meeting on Wednesday night.
- Provide Bible-based preaching with clear and concise sermons.
- Provide leadership and vison for the church. Direct plans for ministry and church growth.
- Provide pastoral care.
- Oversee staff
-Supervise and coordinate staff, including staff meetings.
- Work effectively with the leadership of the church, including encouraging and supporting the church's mission activities.
- Provide premarital counseling, counseling regarding salvation and spiritual issues, and other counseling for church members.
- Oversee ordinances of Communion and Baptism.
- Oversee church discipline and manage conflict in the church. Seek to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
- Relate to all ages in the congregations. Be approachable and easy to talk to.
- Attend committee meetings, such as Diaconate and Church Council and others as requested.
- Conduct Weddings and Funerals.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Participate in outreach activities by contacting prospects.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."