Northwest Chapel Dublin, OH Posted: April 23, 2022
The lead pastor should seek God and be used by God to provide spiritual and administrative leadership to the church. They will use their teaching and pastoral care skills to share the Gospel and assist the needs of persons in the church and community. They should empower the church community to use their giftedness and follow Christ's direction to fulfill the great commandment (Luke 10:27) and the great commission (Matthew 28:19-20).
The lead pastor sets the direction for the ministries, discipleship, and congregational activities in collaboration with the other elders and pastoral staff. They should be a Spirit-dependent and Spirit-led shepherd (Philippians 2:5, 1 Peter 5) capable of coaching and developing other staff.
Other Essential responsibilities:
- Prioritize time to pursue God, growing in God's grace through daily personal time with the
Lord in the Word, devoted to prayer, and other Spiritual disciplines (Acts 6:4)
- Teach the Bible with diligence and dedication to extract the accurate truths
- Equip members for a life of Christian growth and service
- Conduct church services, administer the ordinances, and perform other duties that
normally pertain to the pastoral role
- Build healthy and effective relationships with the church members
- Oversee the teaching ministry of the church, coordinating the content and schedule of
biblical instruction in our public and main celebration services
- Communicate spiritual truths, ministry plans, and outcomes to the church community
through creative media on a regular basis
- Share responsibility of pastoral care and counseling
- Promote, educate, and advocate for prayer and biblical stewardship
- Partner with Charis Fellowship and mission events locally and around the world
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."