Hillside International Truth Center, Inc. Atlanta, GA Posted: October 15, 2021
1. LIVE In-person and Pre-Recorded Services. Responsible for designing, filming, and editing all videos (promotional videos, announcements, message series bumpers, sermon videos, testimonials, etc.) that support weekend services and all church ministries. Must collect information (storyboards, ideas, graphics, event details, testimonies) and manage the entire video process from beginning to end (script, film, and edit) on a weekly basis. Must be able to work independently on projects, as well as collaborate with the other Departments. Programs and operates (or manages the oversight of) the video switcher and directs the camera crew through the live production of all weekend worship services mid-week services and special events.
2. Recruit, equip, and empower a Hillside Dream Team of volunteers to accomplish the vision. Provide leadership to the video/audio/lighting ministry by staying current with trends and improving the use of media.
3. Coordinate with Hillside's social media specialist and webmaster to resolve any situations as needed. Provide desktop support for staff members as needed.
4. Preparation for Sunday worship. It is imperative that the Creative/Media Director is always prepared to participate in worship at Hillside. Preparation includes being familiar and confident with the flow of the service; setting up, testing and preparing the sanctuary for the best audio, video and lighting needs for service; preparing video text lower thirds in advance for LIVE in-person services; readiness and alertness of the flow of service in order to respond accordingly; and familiarity with the liturgical seasons and holidays, as well as the Church Theology, Church Philosophy, and the Spiritual Principle of the month.
5. A Consistent and Regular Schedule. This is important for the church community, as well as for those who volunteer to be a part of the Creative/Media Ministry. Consistency builds confidence and credibility.
6. Sounds and Images for Meditation. Meditation is an essential part of the worship experience at Hillside. The sounds and images during this time help to create an atmosphere for communion, reflection, introspection, and that of hearing the "still small voice."
7. Protocol. The Creative/Media Director position is under the direct supervision of the Executive Bishop. Any and all questions, concerns or requests pertaining to this position are to be directed to the Executive Bishop.
8. Worship Team Meetings. The Creative and Media Director is expected to meet with the Executive Bishop regularly and consistently on a weekly basis to discuss and plan the upcoming services.
9. Creative/Media Team Supervision. The Creative/Media Director is expected to supervise, guide, and lead the entire Media Team to include volunteers. This includes setting a regular and consistent weekly schedule. The position works very closely with the Music Ministry and Social Media Ministry to ensure best quality sound and imagery for services.
10. Travel. The Creative/Media Director may be asked to travel with the Executive Bishop when requested to represent the Hillside.
11. Punctuality. The Creative/Media Director is expected to be punctual for all services, rehearsals, sessions, meetings, recordings, etc. arriving at least 30 minutes before service to ensure the setup and readiness of music equipment, microphones, PowerPoint slides with lyrics, etc.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."