Christ Community Montreat Montreat, NC Posted: October 08, 2021
To apply: email a cover letter, and resume to email@example.com
The Director of Youth Ministry (DYM) position exists to provide leadership, vision, organization, and strategic direction for the discipling of the church's youth (middle and high school age) so that they may be followers of Jesus Christ in their current season of life. This takes place by grounding them in God's Word for lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ, challenging them in works of service to others, encouraging community in the life of the church, and providing opportunities to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ both locally and internationally.
· Develop and lead biblically grounded discipleship of youth;
· Recruit, equip, and oversee other qualified adult mentors for ministry to youth;
· Select appropriate youth ministry curriculum and provide resources to volunteers;
· Educate the ministry staff, leaders and parents on social and cultural trends impacting youth and recommend possible solutions from a biblical world view;
· Collaborate and work with other staff in discipleship ministry opportunities.
· Supervise the local and overseas mission programs of the youth ministry;
· Direct and implement the vision and mission of the Richardson property, including general oversight and scheduling of the facility.
· Promote intergenerational involvement by encouraging, challenging, and providing opportunities for youth to be involved in the life of the broader church;
· Explore with staff and committees ways to create intergenerational ministry.
· Regularly and proactively communicate with youth, parents, volunteers, and the congregation;
· Oversee the Youth Ministry webpage of the church website by initiating and monitoring content and ensuring social networking is up to date and active.
Professional Development and Networking
· Engage in professional continuing education opportunities related to youth ministry;
· Participate in local, regional, and/or denominational youth ministry professional networks, when appropriate;
· Partner and collaborate with other local youth directors in combined programming, when appropriate.
· Provide annual budgetary needs for Youth Ministry, remain within that budget, and keep records of expenditures within ministry areas;
· Follow the protocols set forth by HR for volunteers and for hiring of all paid staff (background checks, event planning logistics, supplies, etc....);
· Serve as church liaison to Scouts;
· Supervise the Youth Department's Administrative Assistant and, depending on experience, supervise the Director of Children's Ministry and the Director of the Montreat Morning School.
· Supervised by the Senior Pastor;
· Submit a written report to the session monthly;
· Participate in annual job performance evaluation;
· An active member of Christ Community Church Montreat;
· Adheres to policies as stated in the CCCM Ministry Standards Handbook.
Vision and Ministry Description for Director of Youth: The Director of Youth Ministry (DYM) is responsible for providing leadership and working with others to disciple the church's youth (middle school and senior high). The DYM must understand and embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ as pivotal for understanding the challenges of this population and embracing the meaning of belonging to Jesus and to the people of God. The DYM must also understand the issues and dynamics of this culture that so powerfully shape youth today and be able to connect with youth in relating the gospel to them. The DYM will recruit and equip volunteers; provide logistical support; select appropriate curricula for discipleship; seek to intentionally integrate youth into the life of the church in cooperation with the ministerial staff; serve as a resource to church leaders and parents on cultural trends and issues impacting young people and their families; and collaborate with the other Christ Community Church Montreat (CCCM) ministers and staff teams to further ministry to this demographic, where relevant, as it relates to outreach and evangelism.
We seek an applicant who will:
*Exemplify in word and action a living relationship with Jesus Christ
*Possess a passion and calling for youth
*Evidence a deep love for the Church of Jesus Christ
*Understand incarnational ministry and demonstrate ability to make disciples of Jesus
*Embrace a missional understanding and approach to ministry (experience in local and global mission outreach)
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."