Manchester Community Church Manchester, ME Posted: July 17, 2021
Manchester Community Church 21 Readfield Road, Manchester, Maine 04351
The Manchester Community Church is announcing the opening of the position of Pastor of the Church, effective January of 2022, based on the retirement of our current Pastor at the end of 2021. This is a part-time position of an independent, non-denominational Church, with a membership of 150 and average attendance of 75, that serves the Town of Manchester (population of 2,580) and surrounding communities. Persons interested in the position should send their name and address to Don Sweeney; Chair of the Pulpit Committee, at email@example.com to receive information about (1) the history and organization of the Church, (2) the expectations of the congregation for the successful candidate [described in a Church Pastor Profile document and included below since space was available], and (3) the documents to be included with their letter expressing interest in the position.
Review of applications will begin the end of July and will continue until a candidate is presented and approved by members of the Church. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manchester Community Church By-Laws Excerpt - Article V, Section 2. Duties
A. It shall be the duty of the Pastor to preside at the church services, to preach, and to administer the ordinances and sacraments of the church. The Pastor shall foster the age-old Christian traditions. The Pastor shall perform the various other duties incumbent upon the office, with the guidance and support provided by the Diaconate and the Pastoral Relations Committee. The Diaconate will guide and support the Pastor in all matters related to public worship. B. The Pastor may attend all committee meetings as a nonvoting ex-officio member. C. The Pastor shall prepare written reports for the Executive Committee meetings and the Annual Meeting. D. ... (Salary and benefits) E. ... (An evaluation of Pastor) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manchester Community Church Pastor Profile
Statement of Purpose (From Church By-Laws) The Manchester Community Church is comprised of persons coming from different denominational backgrounds and religious traditions to worship and work together, to learn to emphasize those beliefs which are held in common, and not let other differences disrupt the unity for which Christ prayed. We fix our faith in God, in Christ as our Savior and Master, and in the Bible as the inspired word of God. We seek to make this church an instrument for discovering and putting into practice the will of God in individuals, in community life and in the worldwide Christian witness. We have self-governing rights and responsibilities, autonomy, and freedom to structure our own worship, work, and witness
Congregational Expectations of New Pastor
1. The church is to remain non-denominational. Pastor will be leading a church made up of many people with different backgrounds, histories, ideas and their life experiences. Will be aware that we are self-governed. Lead the church forward in the mission of God and the Church Mission Statement.
2. Sermons and other teachings are biblically based. Sermons to be presented in interesting and easily understood language that pertains to current ways of life. Help to build and maintain a strong Christian Education that will address the whole congregation. Provides spiritual leadership within the church as well as in the community.
3. Family oriented and involved. MCC is a very family-oriented church with many people in the same family involved in our ministry. The Pastor and his/her family will be a welcomed addition to our congregation. The ability to recognize, use and appreciate the talents of the congregation.
4. Also focused on developing ways to increase membership and maintain our presence. Open to blended music and multi-media system. Opening the church up to the community for different organizations to use such as Scouts, 4H, NAMI, WISDOM, AA, etc. and possibly some Christian Classes and a Christian Men's group. Has the knowledge, skill and experience to meet our expectations and is excited by the opportunity to help us meet new challenges.
5. Pastoral characteristics and style. Personable, friendly and outgoing, good listener, God fearing, flexible, welcoming, compassionate, a beacon of the church. A relational pastor, one who will be open minded and reasonable. A Pastor that can be very involved when needed, reluctant to micro manage and the wisdom to know the difference. A Pastor that shows no partiality and will make everyone feel important.
Financial Package $28,500 to $35,000, depending upon education and experience
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."