Lead Sunday morning worship experiences and create/lead gatherings to engage and disciple middle/high school students.
The ideal candidate is a gifted musician and communicator who loves both leading engaging worship experiences and connecting with students and ministering to their unique needs. The candidate has a passion for the creative and the detailed, can build and work well with teams, and is up-to-date on newer worship music, while maintaining engagement with the best of older music. The candidate is also able to create gatherings and events which engage students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Serve as a member of the NorthLake ministry team, demonstrating a commitment to the church and its mission.
- Meet with the Lead Pastor regularly to connect, evaluate and plan.
- Preach 10-12 times a year in the 10:00 am worship service.
- Be available to take on tasks outside of the student and worship ministry contexts as needed to contribute to the overall mission, vision, and strategy of NorthLake.
- Plan and lead the weekly Sunday morning worship set.
- Model and lead heartfelt worship in an invitational style that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
- Recruit, audition, and train musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility.
- Lead weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: 1) preparation for the worship service and 2) cultivation of Christ-centered community.
- Collaborate with tech team members regarding weekly services.
Student Ministries Leader
- Lead students to pursue a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Plan and lead the weekly Sunday morning and Wednesday evening student gatherings.
- Plan special events/experiences to reach out to new students.
- Employ social media to engage students and their friends.
- Recruit and train volunteer student ministry leaders.
- Train students to engage in ministry and reach out to their friends.
- B.A. degree in a ministry-related field preferred. Ministry experience may serve as a substitute for educational training.
- Gifted in leading congregational worship.
- Gifted communicator able to preach/teach in both large group and small group settings.
- Proficient in leading worship with guitar or keyboard.
- Strong vocal skill.
- Proficient in using Planning Center Online (or possessing aptitude to learn).
- Familiar with ProPresenter (or possessing aptitude to learn).
- Ability to lead and teach other musicians.
- Ability to build and work with teams.
- Passionate about working with and ministering to students.
- Experience working with students in a ministry setting.
- Ability to create and lead teaching times that engage and grow students.
- Ability to plan and lead special student events/experiences.
- Social-media savvy.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."