HomeChurch, Inc. Broken Arrow, OK Posted: May 18, 2021
20 hours/week, part-time position:
Tuesdays 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Wednesdays 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Thursdays 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Sundays 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
*One hour break for lunch/dinner
*Two hours of flex time for events & meetings
Reports To: Lead Pastor
The mission of the HomeChurch Youth Pastor is to lead middle school and high school students into a growing and Spirit-filled relationship with Jesus Christ.
Church & Event Attendance: Mandatory attendance at all worship services and events:
- Main Sunday Morning Worship Service
- Community Connection Saturdays
- Youth Wednesday Night Worship Service
- Major Community Events
Youth Services: Plan, coordinate, and execute weekly Wednesday night youth services:
- 1st Wednesday of the month is the youth main service.
- 2nd/3rd/4th Wednesdays of the month is youth small groups.
- 5th Wednesdays of the month is youth worship night or pop-up fun event.
Build Relationships & Connect with the Youth: Be appropriately acquainted with the lives of the youth by visiting youth as a leadership team, attending school events, and making hospital visits when necessary.
- Be aware of current social media, pop culture, youth life situations and challenges.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs and pressures of youth.
- Lovingly provide Biblical and practical solutions to youth situations.
- Lead youth to actively serve in the church and at community service events.
Develop Youth Leadership Team: Recruit, train, and encourage young adults to lead in youth ministry:
- Create a team atmosphere through frequent and positive interaction.
- Meet monthly with the youth leadership team to plan youth services and build community.
- Plan and execute quarterly leadership team training and fun events.
- Attend an annual youth leader conference with leadership team.
- Be involved in the lives of the youth leadership team.
Parent Partnership: Partner with the parents of youth by keeping them informed and holding quarterly meetings:
- Send a monthly email to the parents of youth informing them of youth ministry activities.
- Organize and execute a quarterly parents/youth leaders only meeting with a meal.
Growth Strategy: Engage youth in the surrounding community in the public school system:
- Meet the school administrators at local schools to establish relationships and gain access.
- Meet youth monthly on Wednesday afternoons at these schools during agreed times.
Youth Retreat & Mission Trip: Plan and execute an annual short-term mission trip during spring break, and an annual fall retreat during fall break:
- Coordinate with the Lead Pastor in the planning of a short-term mission trip and fall retreat.
Daily Bible Study: Consistently spend time daily in God's Word through daily devotionals, podcasts, YouVersion/Olive Tree, or other Bible apps, and physical Bible study.
Meet Weekly with Lead/Associate Pastors: Discuss youth ministry health, progress, and development.
Attend all Staff Meetings: Staff meetings are mandatory and held on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
Posting Content: Weekly content about services, events, devotions, having fun, etc. posted on HomeChurch Youth's Instagram page.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."