Faith Discovery Church Washington, NJ Posted: May 01, 2021
1. Execute the Vision and Mission of the church as set by the Board of Elders
2. Plan Weekly Worship Services and all Special Services such as Christmas Eve, Good Friday, Easter, Lenten services (if any), etc.
a. Collaborate with the Worship Team
b. Select participants to serve at Prayer time, Offering time, Announcement time, etc.
3. Preside over the celebration of Communion at Worship
a. Ensure that the Lord's Table is suitably prepared
b. Select Elders and Deacons to assist (if necessary)
4. Prepare Sermons or Messages for Worship Services
a. Be able to produce or assemble electronic media to supplement message
b. Observe the church calendar
5. Provide Pastoral Care
a. Keep track of the sick, hospitalized, home-based, etc.
b. Visit above as much as possible or provide for visitation
c. Provide pastoral care to church adherents as well as to members of the community, such care to include:
ii. Emotional and spiritual support
iii. Conflict resolution
d. Maintain published, weekly office hours
6. Support all of the ministries and/or departments in the church through:
a. Regular meetings with ministry leaders/teams
b. Monitoring the effectiveness of leaders and ministries with the assistance of the Leadership Team (Elders and Deacons)
c. Working with the Administrative Assistant, guide publicity efforts through letters, email, bulletin notices, in-service announcements, etc.
d. Working with the ministry leaders in recruitment efforts to fill ministry positions
7. Prepare for and preside over the Annual Business Meeting of the church
a. Prepare the annual Pastor's report
b. Prepare the annual financial reports
8. Prepare for all Leadership Team meetings (Elders and Deacons)
a. Set agendas (soliciting items ahead of time) and publish
b. Collect all monthly reports (financial and others)
c. Publish all motions made known ahead of the meetings
d. Preside over the meeting(s)
9. Conduct funerals and weddings (from the church or from the community)
10. Conduct Baptisms and Membership Classes
a. Develop instructional materials for candidates
b. Interview, with at least one Elder present, all candidates to ensure their sincerity and preparedness
c. Hold classes for candidates prior to Baptism or Membership
d. Seek approval of candidates from the Board of Elders
11. Maintain personal spiritual life through:
a. Regular prayer
b. Disciplined reading
d. The observance of one day a week as a Sabbath
12. Provide oversight for all church office functions and Administrative Assistant including:
a. The content of the church's website and all social media
b. The broadcasting of the church's worship services
c. The performance of all Audio/Video services and equipment and the Internet Connection
13. Annually review the performance of all paid church employees and make salary recommendations to the Leadership Team
14. Oversee the church facilities repair and maintenance
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."