Purpose of the Job:
Lead and oversee the worship and production ministries conducive to the mission, vision, and culture of Forward church.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
Knowledge of basic music theory.
Knowledge of basic worship theology.
Experience at leading people at a coordinator level
Experience in planning and executing life giving worship services.
General Knowledge of planning center, propresenter, and live music software. General knowledge of Audio, lighting, and video.
Experience in stage design.
Experience in developing and communicating vision to teams.
Basic problem solving for production and technology.
Annually develop and execute a strategic plan with Goals, Objectives, and SMART Activities.
Pastor and develop musicians and/or team members.
Protect life giving culture of teams.
Oversee all worship environments that are a part of Forward Church.
Actively and continually recruit team members.
Oversee all rehearsal and sound checks.
Schedule teams and musicians at least 2 weeks in advance.
Create and maintain systems for all production areas.
Work with experience pastor to create service order for all events.
Observe, correct and improve details to make adjustments to Worship Services. (Immediate or delayed, based on urgency.)
● Provide feedback regularly and perform evaluations annually for coordinators.
● Add at least one new worship song per month
● Plan and execute a bi-annual night of worship.
● Design and implement at least ONE set designs each year.
● Continually look for ways to improve production and music.
● Update Lyric format for screen
● Bi-Annual Team lunch or activity.
● Attend all staff, departmental and strategic meetings.
● Attend and Lead at team nights.
● Attend and participate in all Sunday morning services, as well as special events.
● Any other activities assigned.
IV. ANNUAL GOALS
Grow each team numerically by at least 10% each year.
Develop an annual calendar with team.
Ensure the development of at least one leader per area of oversight, per year.
Hold worship team auditions at least 2 times a year.
Personally disciple at least 2 people per year.
Attend at least one outside conference a year.
Participate personally in at least four community events per year.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."