Trinity Bible Church Lafayette, LA Posted: April 05, 2021
Trinity Bible Church
Next Gen Pastor
As an integral member of our Ministry Team, our Next Gen Pastor will serve our church by reaching, teaching, and loving our youth and young adults, while discipling them so that they grow in their faith. Since our youth ministry is underdeveloped, compared to the other ministries of TBC, our Next Gen Pastor will have the opportunity and the responsibility to build from the ground floor, on a foundation established for all TBC ministry.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Positions Supervised: Children's ministry coordinator, Interns, Volunteers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the Next Gen Pastor shall include the following:
* Attendance at worship service and church events, while encouraging youth to do likewise (lead by example).
* Continued growth and development through conferences, reading, and exchange of ideas with others (iron sharpens iron).
* Sustain and develop a comprehensive growth strategy for grades K through 12.
* Plan for and schedule opportunities for worship, fellowship and teaching-on Sunday and other day(s).
* Recruit, disciple, equip and empower volunteers, both parents and young adults.
* Provide forums for frequent communication, encouragement and evaluation for leaders.
* Direct the identification of youth with leadership potential and assure opportunities are given for development.
* Evaluate and make recommendations concerning teaching materials and methods used in all Youth programs.
* Be an advisor/resource for all youth leaders throughout Youth ministry programs.
* Ensure youth groups maintain a balanced program of spiritual, physical, and social growth.
* Be acquainted with personal lives of the young people (either directly or through youth leaders). For example, visit homes, attend school events, and make hospital visits. This also includes being aware of current youth development, culture, social media, etc.
* Support and encourage youth to attend youth service as well as church-sponsored events.
* Ensure church youth are taught and charged with their responsibility to outreach.
* Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced schedule throughout the year coordinated with the church calendar of events.
* Establish ministry goals and periodically evaluate against those goals, measuring enabling processes and outcomes.
* Ensure responsibilities for all events are understood by Youth leaders.
* Pre-schedule all activities in their entirety, including post-activity plans. Publish same to staff, parents, and youth in a timely fashion.
* Develop strategies to encourage church-wide participation in Youth ministries and activities.
* Ensure monthly interaction with Leadership Team for mutual accountability.
* Promote the vision of the church with regards to missions with youth.
*Fully engage with TBC ministry team for prayer and planning.
* Attend monthly feedback sessions with Senior Pastor and/or Executive Pastor.
Salary Range: Commensurate with Education/Experience
Worship Style: Contemporary
This is a salary-exempt position with the expectation that regular office hours will be kept. Please email resumes to: email@example.com
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."