First Presbyterian Church of Bristol, TN Bristol, TN Posted: October 23, 2020
Director of Contemporary Worship & Campus Ministry Coordinator
Context and Values
This is both a musical position and a pastoral one, with responsibilities for planning and facilitating the contemporary worship service; auditioning, rehearsing, and guiding volunteer members of the praise team; and for developing the collegiate ministry of the church in partnership with King University.
Accountability and Relationships
The Director of Contemporary Worship is accountable to the Pastor/Head of Staff, the Human Resource committee and the session. Given the hybridity of the position, the Director will also work closely with the Office of Student Life and the Chaplain's office at King University. He/She will also work closely with the Worship committee of FPC Bristol.
1. Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ.
2. Develop relationships and be accessible for both congregants and college students to build a community of faith both within the church and beyond.
3. Meet weekly with the Pastor to pray, design, implement and evaluate weekly worship services of First Presbyterian Church Bristol that are God-honoring, theologically sound, musically excellent, and engaging to both the churched and unchurched.
4. Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Worship Committee meetings.
5. Recruit, develop, equip and lead ministry teams for the purpose of enhancing worship.
6. Help in the design and work with a team to maintain the worship space.
7. Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship Sunday morning, and Sunday evening student ministry gatherings.
8. Provide shepherding care for worship volunteers and college students.
9. Oversee the contemporary worship budget, organization and volunteers.
10. Build contacts and relationships with local musicians to enhance our worship services.
11. Engage in regular professional development by attending worship conferences and other events.
12. Oversee the purchase and maintenance of all musical instruments and equipment as allowed by the budget.
13. Secure substitute musicians and leaders to lead when away.
14. Develop and oversee the collegiate ministry of the church including budget, organization and volunteers.
15. Develop and maintain a regular presence on the campus of King University, working in cooperation with the Chaplain and Director of Student Life.
16. Assist in developing worship and Bible study opportunities on campus for college students.
17. Attend and participate in weekly Chapel services and other student events/activities as appropriate.
18. Perform other duties assigned by the Pastor/Head of Staff.
Additional Responsibilities (negotiated with candidate)
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."