Cedar Falls First UMC Cedar Falls, IA Posted: August 10, 2020
First United Methodist Church is seeking a highly skilled Modern Worship Leader with a passion for music, leadership and ministry. The qualified applicant would provide strategic vision and leadership for the contemporary worship service/s, overseeing the weekend experience, providing leadership and guidance for the church in conjunction with pastoral leadership, as well as vision and strategy for growth and expansion of music/worship ministries. This position is salaried at 10 hours a week and range of starting annual pay of $8,500-$10,000 based on experience and proficiency. This staff person collaborates with another Worship Leader currently on staff and reports directly to the Associate Pastor.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Worship Leader is responsible for:
1. Leadership development and direction of our contemporary music teams of volunteers, acting as the principal creative lead for the weekend experience.
2. Selection of music at Contemporary Worship Service in conjunction with the pastors
3. Communicate with Technical/Creative director on matters of worship technology such as Sound, Lighting, and Livestreaming so all systems are operational and cutting edge
4. Overseeing all communications with contemporary worship team volunteers
5. Creating a culture based upon the church's core values within the worship teams
6. Staying current on emerging trends in ministry, music trends, and technology and design
7. Keeping the worship design team continually engaged in producing excellent results while staying on schedule and within budget
8. Participate in monthly worship design meetings with staff and volunteer team
*Estimated time spent:
Worship/Rehearsals/Communications—10 hours weekly
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Exemplifying a Godly lifestyle and spiritual leadership in conjunction with the Church's vison statement and core values
Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
Proven track record of successfully leading music ministries in a church with an average weekly attendance of 100+
Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to excel at details, multi-task, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
A passion for team, staff culture, excellence, and loyalty
A willingness and openness to be pastored and coached
Able to navigate all aspects of AVL production and service theme development/design
Self-motivation, a professional demeanor, adaptability to change, and a "whatever-it-takes" attitude
Must be proficient with Guitar or Piano, Vocals, Harmonies, and teaching/leading musicians and singers.
Must be proficient in or willing to learn to use Planning Center Online, Worship Presentation Software, Worship Tracks, Ableton, Multi-Tracks.
Lead worship at Contemporary Sunday service/s, special meetings/conferences, staff-related events, and any other events required. Must uphold the church's visions statement, core values, and employment policies of the church. This individual must be highly motivated and committed to excellence in musicality while fostering an atmosphere of worship in partnership with the pastors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Due to the nature of this role, a flexible schedule is preferred.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."