PARKWOOD BAPTIST CONCORD, NC Posted: July 29, 2020
Parkwood Baptist Church (Concord, NC) seeks full time worship leader. As an SBC church, music & song are a significant and vital component of our corporate worship each week. The worship leader provides leadership, direction, and coordination of all aspects of a robust and comprehensive music ministry which currently include adult choir, adult and youth praise bands, various special music groups, and children's program. Under God's guidance, this leader helps forge the short and long term vision for PBC's music ministry and establish the paths toward achieving those goals. Ultimately, the worship leader glorifies God and edifies the body of believers by serving with character, integrity, and an unmatched passion for the Lord's music ministry at PBC.
PBC has a strong spiritual and musical heritage for over 70 years, and music always plays an exciting and vital role in our corporate worship experience. The purpose of PBC's music ministry is to share the gospel of Jesus through song, encourage believers, lead the congregation in worship, and provide opportunities for members to share God-given musical abilities. As a multigenerational church with 500+ in attendance weekly, PBC offers two Sunday morning services featuring diversity of praise team, hymns, choir, and gospel music. Thankfully, God has long blessed PBC with members with strong musical appreciation and skillsets who readily serve under the guidance of the worship leader.
Job responsibilities include
1. Bringing leadership, consistency, creativity to PBC's musical programs which currently include adult choir, adult and youth praise bands, various special music groups, and children's program
2. Planning, approving, and overseeing all musical selections performed in PBC services
3. Collaborating with senior pastor to provide practical leadership for today and creative vision for the future
4. Developing appropriate seasonal special music focused events
5. Enlisting, training, and nurturing other servant leaders to help manage various aspects of the music ministry as needed
6. Demonstrating the character of Christ by generally caring for church members and others in times of trial, sickness, or other situations
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."