We are seeking a full-time worship leader who will work closely with the Senior Pastor in cultivating worship services and teams for the purpose of helping enhance intimacy with God through music.
1. Planning the Sunday morning and Wednesday night worship services. Choosing songs that engage the congregation and support the preaching of God's Word, and supports the message.
2. Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in an invitational style – one that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
3. Recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians to serve the church as a team, as team players.
4. Leading weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (A) preparation for services and (B) cultivation of a Christ-centered community. Pre-service rehearsals and sound checks.
5. Having a vision for where God might be calling our church to grow in new expressions of worship.
6. New Music: Continually research and introduce new material, focusing primarily on contemporary worship with a balance of some traditional music. Emphasis of singing songs that elicit church participation.
7. Develop and maintain a schedule for musicians and vocalists to ensure there is adequate music coverage for all services and key events.
8. Participate in weekly staff meetings.
Given this is a full-time position, regular office hours are expected to be kept.
Each week, the Worship Leader will compile and/or compose music and set lists, build and foster team communication, rehearse, and be in close communication with the Senior Pastor regarding flow and function of the worship team.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."