Life Community Church of Central Illinois Mahomet, IL Posted: May 08, 2020
Life Community Church (LCC) is a non-denominational congregation that values strong teaching from the Word of God, an empowered evangelical journey, authentic relationships, ministering like Jesus and the expectation that the Holy Spirit continues to work today bringing the Kingdom of God to impact our world.
From our set of core values we are people of the Kingdom of God who:
- Believe and are guided by the Word of God
- Partner with the Holy Spirit
- Experience and worship God
- Reconcile people with God and all creation
- Engage in the compassionate ministry of Jesus
- Engage culture and create culture
- Genuinely love people for who they are and who God created them to be
About Our Community
The Village of Mahomet, Illinois, is a community of approximately 8,000 people with a surrounding community serving 15,000. We have retained our small town charm with plenty of opportunities that you would expect in a larger community. We are proud of the Mahomet-Seymour school system, which is a driving factor for many families to locate in our community with its excellent academic reputation and highly competitive and acclaimed sports, dance, drama, band, and music programs. We are home to the Lake of the Woods Forest Preserve; and the Village's Parks and Recreation Department offers programs for soccer, basketball, t-ball, baseball, softball, and flag football with over several acres of open space. The community is a short 15-minute drive to Champaign-Urbana (with a combined population of approximately 130,000) where many of the residents work in the factories, service industries, area schools, small businesses and The University of Illinois.
Pastor (part time: dual-career leading to full-time)
We are seeking a dual-career (that is, it is expected that the candidate has another job to supplement their income) pastor. The pastor position is offered as approximately 1/2 of a full-time role, but compensated in accordance with cost-of-living expenses in Mahomet, Illinois. We expect that this will grow into a full-time position over time.
Pastor: Job Description (see 1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- Willing to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit
- Collaborates with board, leadership council, and members of the church
- Prepares weekly sermons, preaching, teaching and conducting worship services
- Acts as lead member of Board of Directors and Leadership Council that directs the ministry activities of the church
- Develops and shares a Kingdom of Heaven vision for LCC's future and what God has called us to do in our community
- Oversees the annual budget with transparency with advisement provided by the finance team and approval of the board
- Shepherds the membership to discover, pursue, and develop their giftings and callings
- Offers pastoral care to the church membership
- Pursues community involvement with natural opportunities to share the gospel, serve those in need, and organize events with like-minded churches
- Along with the Board of Directors, ensures compliance of LCC with relevant legal and general safety requirements (e.g., background checks)
- Other duties as discussed with the church's Leadership Council and Board of Directors
Send all of the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter including a statement affirming that you agree with our statement of faith which can be found on the website: https://lifemahomet.org/who-we-are/what-we-believe/
- Names and contact information of 3 references
- 1 preaching example (audio or video)
Timeline and Next Steps
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Full consideration will be given to candidates who apply by May 30, 2020 with applications accepted until the position is filled. The process will include a video (Zoom) interview, followed by on-site preaching and interview opportunity for top candidates. Due to state orders and guidelines associated with COVID-19, however, we may need to adjust dates and procedures of the search. The candidate selected will also undergo a formal background check. The ideal start date for the pastor is summer 2020.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."