Westside Christian Church Yukon, OK Posted: May 04, 2020
Westside Christian Church
Full Time (Associate)
Worship & Family Life Minister
Westside Christian Church is located in a rapidly growing section of Oklahoma City. Currently there are over 75,000 people living within a five mile radius of the Church. The 73078 & 73099 zip codes are some of the fastest growing areas in the State of Oklahoma.
Dual Ministry roles:
Worship & Fine Arts
1. The Associate minister will work with the Senior Minister to pray for, plan (in advance), and lead the "creative traditional/blended service" at Westside CC. The Worship leader is welcome to lead the Sunday PM service too.
2. The Associate Minister should seek and promote creative ways to encourage worship in the Sunday morning services and in the daily lives of the Church family.
3. The Associate Minister should understand that it is Westside's vision to grow and to eventually add a second, "contemporary service" (with much more freedom in style and approach).
4. The Associate Minister will work with the AV team to produce video and slide presentations as deemed necessary for sermon intros, announcements and etc. The Associate Minister may also be asked to manage the Church website & App.
5. The Family Life aspect will possibly include both K-12 youth activities, leading and teaching. We have a great team leading the Kids Ministry at this time. The Family Life role could be fulfilled by the Associate Minister or their Spouse, if desired (this is not a requirement or an expectation). Currently we have a small Kids Ministry, but even fewer teens.
As the Church grows, roles will be re-defined in more specific areas.
1. A personal walk with Christ (He/she is to be a Christian).
2. Agreement with the Westside CC's statement of faith (view on Church web-site).
3. The Associate Minister should be musically gifted in voice and preferably in instrument.
4. The Associate Minister should be a worshiper and a servant of Jesus, first and foremost.
5. Agreement with Westside's, philosophy of Ministry and current vision. The Associate Minister must agree to follow the guidance of the Senior Minister and the Elders concerning the type and style of music for the creative traditional/blended service. (over please )
6. Worship Time expectations (60%): Worship planning with the Senior Minister, developing & practicing with team, and time spent for the actual worship services. Plus, planning and preparation for creating & adding a second service.
7. Family Life Time expectations (40%): Planning & execution of Children's and/or Youth Ministry aspects. The Associate will work under the direction of the Senior Minister and with our current team as well as work to develop additional volunteers.
Compensation & Benefits:
1. Compensation: A gross salary amount of $32,000 - $38,000 annually. Start date: ASAP
In most cases, the Church will allow the Associate Minister to hold an additional part time job, if desired. Obviously, the extra part time job could not conflict with Ministry at the Church.
The Church would like the Associate Minister to sign a contract.
Bonus program (this is in addition to the above salary range).
o $1,000 sign on bonus in first year.
o Annual Christmas bonus, equal to one weeks salary.
o An additional $1,000 bonus at the completion of the 2nd year of service.
Budget permitting, the Church often gives an annual "COA" raise (another advantage is that Oklahoma has a relative low cost of living in comparison to many other states).
Moving expenses: In most cases, Westside CC will provide the rental of a moving van, fuel, and food
expenses. The Church will also provide assistance for travel to OKC to interview and "try out" for this role.
Deposit assistance: Please let us know if this is a need and we will review your request.
Interested parties should contact Phil Hays, Senior Minister, @
email@example.com or Cell: 620.778.3581
Westside Christian Church
10145 NW Expressway, Yukon, OK 73099
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."