1. Spiritual maturity - As stated, this is a leadership-type ministry and, hence, is ordinarily not a place for new or immature Christians.
2. Musical expertise - The musicians and vocalists need to be skilled enough to follow a service which is "led by the Spirit of God." We don't want to limit what God will do simply because we can't handle it musically.
3. Time commitment - Practice sessions, Sunday and Saturday preparation and ministry are mandatory. In addition, there are seminars, special retreats and events, and more. Involvement in this ministry needs to take high priority in your life next to family and work.
4. Support of family - It is important that the individual's immediate family members are willing to accept the necessary time commitment and be a support to the individual.
5. Ability to flow with the team - Some people are very gifted musicians and /or vocalists, but for one reason or another (vocal range, musical style, etc.) they have trouble flowing with the team. These individuals are highly encouraged to share their musical gifts in other ways (special music, choir, small groups of similar interest, etc.) with the body.