Our Purpose - Glorifying God by loving Him and one another, while reaching out to all,leading them to become fully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ.
The Senior Pastor is pastor, preacher, challenger, trainer, teacher, enabler, initiator, and guide responsible for leading and inspiring all members of the church to minister to one another and to the world. The Senior Pastor gives direction and supervision to the total program of the church, and to this end, establishes and maintains strong, effective communication and teamwork with staff, lay leadership, ministry teams, congregants, and the community.
1. As shepherd for the congregation he is responsible for overseeing the major functions of a New Testament church:
a) Worshipping God
b) Preaching the Gospel of Christ
d) Congregational fellowship
e) Discipleship and teaching
f) Ministering to the congregation
1) Pastoral Care
2) Christian Counseling
2. Be the chief administrator of the church staff; Serve as an Elder Pastor on the Elder Council;
3. Oversee all church programs and ministries in concert with the Elder Council; delegating responsibilities for specific events and programs as appropriate;
4. Represent Christ and The Lakeway Church by actively participating in community events; partner with other Christian ministries and churches in our area;
5. Demonstrate an effective personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
a) Function as role model with integrity in caring for others;
b) Show personal dedication to Christ in his walk of faith.
c) The Pastor's home, the way he loves his wife, and manages his family must be a healthy Christian example.
A gifted preacher & teacher
* A master's degree from an accredited seminary or Bible College; Doctorate preferred
* Minimum of 5 years experience as a pastor
* Ordained minister
* Demonstrated success in routinely preparing and delivering strong, inspirational, Spirit-filled sermons that boldly proclaim God's Word and Biblical truth, point to Christ, and challenge members and the un-churched alike to live out their faith
* A history of leading disciple making, growing churches
* Consistent spiritual & moral character and lifestyle, fulfilling the Biblical qualifications in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
* Personal vision & beliefs must be consistent with the existing core beliefs and vision of TLC; Must believe, support, & teach consistent with TLC Beliefs and Doctrine
* Experience working in a multi-staff church preferred
* Experience leading multiple, multi-format services preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* A visionary
* An excellent communicator
* A strong leader
Qualified applicants must complete the Pre-screen Questionaire and apply through this ChurchJobs.net job posting. Qualified candidates will be reviewed and contacted by a member of our Pastor Search Committee.
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."