Hope Lutheran Church Farmington Hills, MI Posted: October 03, 2017
The Director of Operations manages the day-to-day business functions of the church and is responsible for financial systems, operational systems and procedures, automation, office equipment, communication management, facilities management, and hospitality management. The Director of Operations is also responsible for the management of administrative and building staff.
Responsibilities 1. Congregational Business Management Develop, document, and manage office workflow and office policies and procedures Oversee the inventory of supplies Oversee the maintenance of office equipment and computers Support and maintain all church management software Liaise with SPC President
2. Financial Management Periodically review financial reports to ensure familiarity with and accuracy of the reports Determine any new financial reports, in consultation with Finance Committee, needed and oversee creation of such reports Oversee the administrative budget including monitoring and approving of general office expenditures for supplies and equipment and managing associated contracts Maintain bank, money market and investment accounts, including review of account statements, and update account signers as needed Assist in the preparation of the annual budget Maintain and monitor insurance policies, lease agreements, check signing, church income (e.g. contributions), and review utility costs Attend Finance Committee meetings, providing reports and recommendations Manage the Hope Lutheran Church Gifts and Memorial program Liaise with the Director of Finance
4. Volunteer Management Recruit, train, coordinate, and oversee volunteers in support of the responsibilities of this position Delegate responsibilities to volunteers as appropriate including clerical projects, communication matters, facilities management projects, greeters, parking lot assistants, coffee bar servers, and at the welcome desk during regular and special worship services and events Have a presence during worship services to ensure volunteers functioning as needed Liaise with the Director of Leadership on use of volunteers
3. Personnel Management Supervise and conduct annual performance reviews for the following personnel: Secretary Bookkeeper Meal & Food Coordinator Property Manager Custodian Communications Coordinator
Maintain personnel files (W-4, start date, etc.) for all staff members Coordinate staff onboarding Oversee development of office staff and volunteers Oversee annual salary and Portico benefits and prepare annual compensation letters for staff
4. Communication Management Oversee the development of communication materials, including coordination among office staff, Strategic Planning Council, ministry team leaders and standing committees Oversee the printing of materials and preparation for mailing Oversee maintenance of and updates to Hope's web site, Facebook and other social media sites for communication with and advertising to internal and external communities
5. Facilities Management Direct Property Manager, ensuring optimal use of Property Manager's skills, based on ministries' scheduling and special projects Responsible for overall building security including processes and training Weekly identify needs and delegate actions to ensure building is ready for regular and special events Ensure building needs prioritized and resolved Provide oversight and management on facilities maintenance projects Maintain long-term plans for facilities maintenance and improvements Conduct periodic review of contracts for property management services and recommend changes to the Director of Facilities Liaise with Property Manager and Director of Facilities Salaried Position
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."