Southview Community Church Herndon, VA Posted: August 07, 2017
Southview Community Church
Updated August 7, 2017
Position:Part-Time Worship Leader; Reports to the Lead Pastor
Description:The primary focus of this part-time salaried position (approximately 15 to 25 hours a week) is to plan, coordinate, and lead weekly worship services to help Southview accomplish its mission of seeing people far from God be raised to new life in Jesus Christ. The Worship Leader will lead a team of musicians in weekly Sunday morning services designed to draw the congregation in and encourage participation in a worship experience.
Worship Leader Responsibilities:
- Select music for Sunday worship services (coordinating with each week's sermon or series)
- Lead weekly rehearsals with the worship team and attend weekly staff meeting if available
- Actively recruit, train, schedule, and disciple worship team volunteers
- Plan, develop, and coordinate special church worship services (e.g., Christmas Eve)
- Build services using Planning Center
- Ensure an environment of excellence at each service, in partnership with the sound, media, video, and lighting teams
- Manage all worship-related income and expenditures.
- Good to excellent vocal ability
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency on guitar or keyboard (preferably both)
- Ability to read music (playing by ear is a plus)
- Ability to pray and comment appropriately during worship transitions
- Experience leading and teaching an eclectic group of musicians
- Experience leading a multi-generational congregation in worship
- Proficiency with basic sound, lighting, and video production equipment and methodology
- Knowledge of best practices in worship service design, modern worship music, traditional hymns, and secular songs appropriate for worship settings.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love and serve God
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- High level attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- Teachable spirit
- Strong relationship skills with individuals and teams
- High levels of initiative, motivation and enthusiasm
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, listen effectively and resolve conflicts in a God-honoring manner.
For more information, send a resume and video sample of you leading worship to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."