Serves as the primary spiritual leader for a relational youth ministry in a growing multi-campus church. Primary focus is on reaching the lost, making disciples, developing leaders, and building up students grades 5-12 through preaching, teaching, conducting services, pastoral guidance and prayer. Oversees the Associate Youth Pastor, who is focused on ministering to grades 5-8.
1) Create welcoming and engaging youth weekend services and special events (camps, outreach events, etc.) that draw in both unchurched and believing youth. Prepare and deliver interesting, clear, relevant, entertaining, and Biblical evangelistic messages that lead the youth into a deeper relationship with God. Work with parents to empower them as the spiritual leaders in their child's life.
2) Develop and provide oversight to weekly youth connect groups. Personally lead at least one youth connect group. Equip leaders to create connect groups that provide a fun and safe environment for people to experience community, healing, and encouragement to take their next steps in their Christian walk.
3) Recruit, equip and lead a dream team comprised of staff and volunteers to run the ministry. Develop a system and approach to the ministry that is effective and sustainable. Provide relevant on-going training/mentoring and pastoral care for the team. Encourage team members to disciple students and other potential leaders.
4) Attend weekly service at Anchor Church, meetings and events. Support weekend services as directed by Executive Pastor.
1) Application located on http://myanchor.church/jobs/
2) Send completed application and resume to email@example.com
Experiencing Worship, The Study
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."